Off The Beaten Track is an indie video game developer located in Kiel, Germany. While working on our own projects, we’re also working with others to help them develop games, apps and other digital tools – you can find a selection of our past projects below. Contact us for inquiries on how we can assist you with: Gamification, Game Development (e.g. Serious Games), Workshops, Talks and Consultation.
About off the beaten track
We strive to move people and evoke strong emotions developing “games that make a difference”. We want to show what videogames can be as a medium and leave a little dent in their universe. Our games are unconventional and try to explore the boundaries of the medium. With new twists on game mechanics and a focus on characters and storytelling, we let you see the world through different eyes. As a small indie team we have the freedom to try new game design principles in our own projects while offering professionalism and reliability to our contract partners.
- The Cost Of Recovery
- Completed Projects & Cooperations
- Fallbeispiel Thomas
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- “First place – Winners of the GründerCup KielRegion 2019” – a regional competition for startups in the province of Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- “Best of Show Award – Hamburg Games Conference 2021” – virtual conference, powered by Xsolla
- “PitchYaGame Awards November 2021 Finalist” – a live pitching event on Twitter
- “Innovation and Excellence Award 2022” – A yearly award highlighting innovative thinking, hosted by CorporateLiveWire
- “Vom Ein-Mann-Studio zum Bundesförderempfänger (German)”
– Sophia Jelinek, Gamesmarkt 02/2020
- “The Cost of Recovery: Developing a Narrative Game in Unity”
– Arti Sergeev, 80.lv