Off The Beaten Track is an international entertainment company specialized in video games. We create and publish video games for PC and consoles, as well as free mobile games and applications that aim to entertain. We also create and publish solutions for other developers, like Assets on the Unity Asset Store, and develop custom software solutions for our partners.
(i) develop and publish games and apps
(ii) serve advertising that are tailored to the interests of users and
(iii) run our corporate website.
This policy also aims to remind you about your rights and to provide you with all the elements you need to exercise them.
Should you have any questions related to this policy or our practices around privacy and data protection in general, please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer as indicated in the contact section of this policy.
Owner and Data Controller in accordance with section 5 TMG
Off The Beaten Track UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Person responsible for content: Jens-Uwe Bahr
Data Protection Officer: Jens-Uwe Bahr
Why does Off The Beaten Track collect data from its apps and games?
When you install and use our applications, we can collect and process some of your data for different legitimate purposes. We collect data:
- To make the services we provide possible (e.g., saving your score to enter it in a Highscore list or saving your progress in the game). Such data processing is strictly necessary to enable the functionalities of our products.
- To run analytics and understand how users interact with our product and services in order to continuously improve it. That means that we might save which levels players die on a lot, so that we can improve that level – or to see which blog posts are read the most, so we can provide more info on that matter.
We only processes this kind of data once you express your consent through the pop-up notice on our website, in our software and in our games.
- To serve advertising tailored to the preference and interests of our users, which allows us to keep the business afloat while providing free games. We only use this kind of advertisement in our free mobile games.
We only processes or share personal data collected through our apps for personalized advertising purposes once you express your consent through the pop-up notice included in one of our apps.
For all data processing activities that rely on users’ consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time from the “settings” page in our applications. Please only note that in the case where you withdraw your consent or where you refuse to consent in the first place, you will still be served with advertising but that may be less relevant to you as it will not be tailored to your interests. For technical reasons, withdrawing consent might only take effect after you have restarted the app in some cases – in that case, you will be informed that a restart is required.
1 – Data collected in our mobile games
For all the purposes listed above the data that we collect is limited to:
- The apps you are using
- Your IP address
- Your Mobile Advertising ID (Apple IDFA or Google AAID – which are technical identifiers developed by mobile operating systems for advertising purposes which remain under your control and can be reset or erased at any time in through your device settings)
- Technical information about the device you use and your connection (user agent, type of connection, timestamp)
- Data pertaining to your activities on our applications and notably the way in which you interact with our applications (for instance, how and when you use our applications) and with the advertising served in our applications (for instance, number of ads served, potential clicks)
1.1 – With whom is this data shared, and why?
We do not share your personal data with third parties without your prior consent. When you consent to the collection of data for advertising and analytics purpose, we may share the data listed above with the following categories of recipients:
- Ad Partners: that allow us to monetize the ad inventory of our apps and provide users with free products and services. Those partners usually collect data via their own tools (Software Development Kits or “SDK”). You will find a list of our partners implementing advertising SDKs through our applications and the privacy policies of their services that describe their practices and allow you to exercise your rights directly toward them hereafter:
- Applovin – https://www.applovin.com/privacy/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Google – https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Analytic companies: that provide us with tools and technologies that allow us to better understand how users interact with our services and will help us improve it. Those partners also usually collect data via their own SDKs. You will find a list of our partners implementing analytical SDKs through our applications hereafter:
- GameAnalytics –https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Authorities: only to the extent we are obliged to by applicable laws and regulations.
2 – Data collected on our website
Like on most websites, when you browse on beatentrack.games certain information about your connection and device(s) are automatically collected for the website to operate properly.
What data does Off The Beaten Track collect from its website?
For the purposes listed above the data that we collect is limited to:
- Browsing events and interactions with the website’s contents and services
- Our site does not collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, these are stored anonymized.
- Cookie identifiers and technical information related to your browser and/or device (user agent)
- Information you provide us with voluntarily when you contact us
Analytics and third party cookies
Off The Beaten Track uses a self-hosted Matomo instance to collect information related to the web traffic on our website. That means that the data remains on our servers and is not shared with a third party. This service allows us to measure the performance and proper functioning of our website and to provide you with a better experience.
We may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, our pages may reveal how many downloads a particular version got, or say which versions are most popular based on checks from api.matomo.org, a web service used by Matomo installations to check for new versions of Matomo.
If you want to opt-out out of the tracking, you can do so below:
Social networks and other communication tools
Our website also offers communication tools allowing users to share content on social networks. When you interact with such social media widgets or “share buttons”, these social network companies may collect information about you and/or your device and connection. your interactions with these services are governed by the respective privacy policies of the companies providing these services. For more information on the data protection and privacy practices of these companies, you can refer to their specific policies listed below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
3 – Newsletter
When signing up for our newsletter, we store your email address and first name. We collect this information for the sole purpose of providing you with new information about our developments. Your data is stored on our own servers and not shared with a third party. Our servers are located in Germany, under the regulations of GDPR.
If you sign up for our newsletter, we will store some of your information, including your email address, IP address and certain information about the links you click within the emails we send you, on our server. We will never sell your email address or share it with any other party, unless we are legally compelled to do so. You are always free to unsubscribe from our newsletter, a link to do so is provided at the end of all our mails.
4 – Other important information
How long does Off The Beaten Track keep your data?
Personal data collected, received and processed for the purposes described in this policy is not kept longer than necessary for the purposes described above in this section. In all cases, we do not retain such data for more than 13 months.
We never knowingly or willingly collect any personal data concerning children under 16 years of age.
Some of the partners and processors referred to in this policy are located outside of the European Union. In such case, we ensure that:
- the personal data is transferred to countries recognized as offering an equivalent level of protection or,
- Personal data is transferred to certified entities under the Privacy Shield or,
- For personal data transferred outside of countries recognized by the European Commission as having a sufficient level of protection, any of the mechanisms offering appropriate guarantees is used, for which provision is made by applicable regulations, and in particular the adoption of the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission.
4.1 – What rights do you have?
Consent withdrawal and opt-out of sale of information
You can change your consent status at any time – for our games, you’ll find an option in the options menu. For our website, you can opt out of tracking on this page, see the section above.
Please note that if Off The Beaten Track does not sell the personal information of its users, we may share it with third parties such as analytics and advertising companies in order to improve and personalize your experience and adapt the content and ads of our services.
Adjusting your consent settings within our apps and games, will allow you to block the collection of data for these purposes and will de facto prevent the sharing of information with our analytics and/or advertising partners.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access or request deletion of your personal information directly in our mobile apps or by contacting our Data Protection Officer as indicated in the “Contact” section below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Rectification and erasure
You may request the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you, as well as the completion of incomplete personal data. You may also request to erase without undue delay your personal data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. In order for your data to be erased or rendered inaccessible you can either:
- For our mobile games: reset your mobile advertising identifier (IDFA on iOS, GAAID on Androïd) or activate “Limit Ad Tracking” in your device’ settings in order to make previously collected data non linkable to you or your device anymore and limit further data collection if you choose to enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” option
- Otherwise: contact our Data Protection Officer, as indicated in the “Contact” section on this page, in order to have the data previously collected by us on you and/or your device permanently erased or anonymized.
Upon request, Voodoo will provide you with the personal data that you provided to us and, if possible, will communicate this information directly to another data controller of your choice in a portable format when the processing is based on consent or contract.
Der Nutzung von im Rahmen der Impressumspflicht veröffentlichten Kontaktdaten zur Übersendung von
nicht ausdrücklich angeforderter Werbung und Informationsmaterialien wird hiermit widersprochen. Die
Betreiber der Seiten behalten sich ausdrücklich rechtliche Schritte im Falle der unverlangten Zusendung
von Werbeinformationen, etwa durch Spam-E-Mails, vor.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the user’s consent, we shall collect new consent from the you, where required.
Last modified – December 29th 2020